Friday, November 25, 2005

The Agony of the last weeks of the semester....

Well my life has totally been consumed by work it seems for now at least. I feel as though I work all the time...I have not had a day off since I went to Chapel Hill. I even had to work on Thanksgiving. All I can say is that I cannot wait to reap the benefits of my college degree that will come around in the next 5-6 years. Its a long wait but I can make it--I just have to keep my eyes on the prize. I sound like an inspirational sports film. I have registered for classes and have decided to CLEP Engl 1102 and Spanish 1 and probably Principles of Microeconomics in an effort to save some time and money.

I made a trip to the yarn store--the unusual cold weather down here has had me craving another sweater. I picked a rather plain pattern the button down cardigan from VK Fall '05. It is a lovely shade of blue not quite robins egg but not pastel in wool of course. I also picked up an extra set of dpns for some socks. I am attempting a pair of ankle socks just by modifying a basic sock pattern. I picked up some Cascade for a couple more felted clutches to make in the down time. I have also made a couple of flap top mittens from the Handknit Holidays. I have 2 right ones because I forgot to change the flap so Hill has a pair to give to a pal for Christmas--one she doesn't mind matching since its the same colorway. I love that book I will be making projects from it all year round. I have also been tying in loose ends for some projects that have been put aside since I hate finishing projects. I finished a pair of socks for Hill, her duck, 3 Pasha penguins, a pair of cable mittens for myself, and this ugly yarn scarf I donated to Hills presents for friends. I'll post pics as soon as I can locate the digi.
Happy Thanksgiving!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home