Monday, January 30, 2006


This is from a sweater that Laura gave me. Its awonderful varying pink and a cotton/wool/nylon/angora blend. So soft and destined to become flap top mittens.


A present for Hill. Its just a felted clutch but she had said a while ago that she wanted one in these colors. The motif turned out rather nicely and I think that I will make one for myself. I used stash of Lamb's Pride Bulky. I do think that I am going to felt it again so its a little bit sturdier but the stiching is not completely lost. I don't like felts like that.





rom Handknit Holidays. I did a different cuff puff stitch I think with a rolled edge from Knitting over the Edge. I also did a rolled edge for the flap. These mittens are a quick knit like socks and use up my stash yarn. This yarn is leftover Knitaly wool. The left one is almost complete I just have to finish tucking in all the pieces of yarn.

Well for this week I am finishing my Jaywalkers. I am done one sock and to the heel of the other. I feel that I have been neglecting it. I also joined Sockapaloooza and will buy yarn this week when I get the specifications for that. I am planning on making some flowers, ankle socks for Hill, and 2 flap top mittens for the next string of projects I also have a huge ball of yarn that I don't like that I dont know what to do with. I have already used the yarn for a garter st scarf that I gave away. So hopefully I can find something useful for it. I can probably make 3 scarves out of it. The ball is about the size of a medicine ball of worsted weight.

I'm excited because this week Hill turns 16. Shes been upset because we haven't gone looking for a car yet and there hasn't been any talk about one. We do have one. Well she will be really excited. I am going to buy her a pair of earrings and I have a shirt for her in addition to the socks and clutch.

Its been extremely warm and right now its overcast and rainy. I can't wait til St Patricks Day. It the next major holiday especially in Savannah. I don't care too much for Valentines Day but I better be getting a heart shaped doughnut from Krispy Kreme. I wonder if they'll have shamrocks for St Pattys and rabbits and chicks for Easter. That would be awesome.

I need to find some health insurance and have been scouring. I think I'm going with Blue Cross. Dad and Hill have it and its a good program and I desperately need these moles to be removed because they are discolored and possibly cancerous.

Our neighbors across the street are spying on us. They are friends with my grandparents neighbors and they must be sitting in front of their windows watching us all the time. Don't they have something better to do with their lives than watch our house night and day?? I mean get a damn hobby!!.....Hopefully I'll have some pics to show on Wednesday of progress of the Jaywalkers. Maybe they'll be finished!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home