Sunday, April 02, 2006

Look at what I can do!!

Well this is the entrelac shawl I had been working on. I love it and gave it finished to my grandma yesterday. I was planning on giving it to her for Mother's Day but I just wanted to give it to her right after I finished yesterday after my class. I cut a ENTIRE skein for the fringe but she really didn't want a fringe because I asked after I cut and when I gave it to her. So I have like 100+ strands of wool/microfiber blend so I am going to make flowers out of them and hope that it felts well since I can probably make a ton. I think I am going to make pillows for my house using the entrelac method. I have a bunch of pillow my dad bought for me for Christmas that I want to cover in a knit something. My sister said she wanted an entrelac BLANKET---I just laughed at her.

In other knitting news, I have started the back of the prairie tank from IK Spring 2006 in a mauvey shade. I'll post pics of that tomorrow. I am about 8-9 inches in as of now and I hope to have 2 more before tomorrow. I have also started the Jaywalker that I had almost forgotten about. I'm not very far along on that but I hope(!) to be turning the heel by tomorrow. I bought a couple of skeins to make clutches out of and anticipate on finishing the ones I made on Monday or Tuesday whenever I find zippers for them. One of the girls is getting married that I work with and she knows that I knit and asked me to make a tank for her to wear to get MARRIED IN!! I am extremely nervous about this but she has picked one of the tanks in VK Spring 2006 I believe that it is #7 I don't have the magazine with me I left it at the yarn store yesterday.

4 Comments:

Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Man! That is a lot of pressure!

I had to French Braid a friends hair for her wedding. (It was fine...but not perfect)
And I took photos at another gals wedding. Yikes. I was just a young thing myself.

Sooo....good luck with the tank!
Do you best! And remember it is what she wants....and SHE's the bride :o)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.!

Are you watching basketball tonight?

I'm sure it will be on at our house :o)

6:03 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

A wedding tank! Pressure! But it's an honor to be asked! :)

Thanks for your comments on my Sockapaloooza socks! I like your Jaywalkers!

7:01 PM  
Anonymous erin said...

This entrelac shawl is really interesting and I like the colours on yours.

9:19 PM  
Anonymous James said...

Ooooo Entrelac. That's really nice. I'm still not sure how that is done. It always looks like one of those magical knitting skills that once you learn how to do it you go, Oh so that's how its done. At least thats what I'm hoping for when I decide to try it, LOL. Your grandma is a lucky lady to get that shawl. LOL, an entrelac blanket. Well, if you make one did you tell her it won't be ready till 2009. Thanks about the hat : )

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home