Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Today I would like to focus on some non-knitting content.

I work in retail so I see way too many dressing really bad. I would like to emphazise the point of dressing with personal style rather than totally trendy all the time. Like today, I saw a girl wearing a tunic tank, knit bolero, and LEGGINGS with espadrilles. I must say that I L-O-V-E tunic tanks because I am a firm believer of modesty. I quit buying Lacoste polos because I'd move and an expanse of tummy could be viewed. I am not keen on boleros. Boleros accentuate the midsection and unless you are a sample size please use discretion. I cannot stand leggings. Maybe its because I wore stirrup leggings back in the day and that was a nightmare since I was so much taller than everyone. I walked 5 steps and my crotch was down to my knees.




Please focus on the girl on the far right wearing a jean bolero, yellow tank, and green capris. This is a cousin of one of my best friends in high school. It is St Pattys Day in Savannah but that is no excuse. That outfit believe it or not is worn by an almost 30 year old who in fact bought the entire outfit at one of the stores I work at. I about died when I walked in and saw her trying this on. I cried today when I came across this picture.

Trendy may be cute when you're younger but once you pass a certain age like 12 you should really stop. It just makes you look ridiculous. Age appropriate is a must when it comes to fashion. I hate to say this but look to the French they are perpetually chic. Please. I beg you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous may said...

i've never been a fan of boleros! :p

I've wanted to try entrelac for awhile now! yours looks awesome!

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home