Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Wowza

So this weekend, I think Saturday, I got my socks from my sockapaloooza pal. Wow these socks put my 4 stitch cable socks to shame. I was very excited to even get them---I love presents. Then I was amazed at the gorgeousness of the cables. They came all the way from the West Coast with chocolate. My socks are from the book 'Socks, Socks, Socks'--the Aran Sandal Socks to be exact. I will most likely be buying the book so I can make socks like these too.
My pictures don't do the sock justice but you get the idea...

In other knitting news, I have finished the back of the Michael Kors tunic, have gotten more than 7 inches done on the front, have gotten to about 3 inches on the other rib and cable sock. I had to buy more skeins of Sierra for my tunic because I was going to run out before I finished the front. I also bought the Stitch and Bitch The Happy Hooker to get back in touch with my crochet. I am very pleased with many of the patterns, especially for the purses. I also bought some Cascade for a purse to crochet and a bunch of bulky yarn in cream to make a cabled hat from VK Winter I think. I'll post pictures of them when they get interesting.

I started my new job yesterday and am excited that we get paid every week. That is a relief. I hate waiting for my check twice a month. I am also super excited about my trip to Omaha in a month for the College World Series. I have been waiting years for Dad to take us there. Hopefully it will be a wee bit drier out there than here. We just broke records this weekend. Savannah got slammed with 90+ degree weather all at once. I thought we were going to have a mild winter but I guess we couldn't escape. Its still not as bad as its going to get in a couple of weeks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Beautiful socks! What a talented sock pal you had. They're gorgeous.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Yay! I'm so glad you liked them :-)

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home