Friday, June 09, 2006

Dabbling...

I'm still here. I just feel a little tired and haven't been knitting as much as usual. I guess my knitting intensity will pick up when 'Summer of Socks' starts in a couple of weeks. Lucky me, I will be in Atlanta seeing the new aqaurium and yarn shopping in Asheville. Lots of road time to knit. Hopefully I will be able to knit a pair a week. Well we'll see. I met this one guy when I was knitting at work once and he told me that his sister-in-law can knit a sock in a day! I do wonder however if she was a fast knitter or sat on her ass all day and knitted. But still, its a phenomenal accomplishment. I can only hope that in 5 years I am a faster knitter.

I'm still working on the tunic by Michael Kors and I have the front and back done and 15 inches done on the arms. I am doing them at the same time and it seems to take forever! But I guess in the long run it does save time. I'm also attempting to stash bush a little at a time and have been making flowers out of them. I'm planning on buying some things off of amazon this weekend---knitting books especially sock books and a Tom Petty set and a 24 DVD set for my dad for Father's day. I have to use his credit card so I hope he doesn't notice!! I figure he won't really look at it if I buy many things off of amazon at one time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

I see you will be yarn shopping in Asheville. I'm from Asheville.

I'm sure you know about Yarn Paradise in Biltmore. They have a GREAT selection of yarns and tons of books and patterns. I must warn you though, sometimes they can seem a bit snobbish. Depends on who's there.

There's also Purls doowntown Asheville. Much more laid back. Tons of yarn, all orginized by color (this throws me off). They also have a lot of Lantern Moon stuff. Very nice and helpful.

If you already know all this, my apologies.

Those are the two I visit when I'm visiting my family. Good luck!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

There's one more store I forgot to tell you about. It's in Black Mountain. From Ashevilee you'll go East on I-40 and take the Black Mountain Exit. Turn left off the ramp and it's less tahn half a mile on the right. They are really nice and have some cool stuff as well. But, it's 10-15 minutes from Asheville.

I found a sweet deal on circulars on eBay. $6.50 each pair for the smaller size I need for socks. These are normally $15.50 each. So, I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the comment on my blog, I always wonder if anyone reads it!

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Bossygirl said...

A sock in one day???? You gotta be kidding me. I'm with you--either she's an alien or does nothing but knit all freakin' day. I'd almost pay money to watch that happen. Almost.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Jill's right - Yarn Paradise was a pretty snobby place. I made sure I stayed there for about an hour and touched everything - ha-ha!! So did you make it to Omaha? Did you pull for Clemson? Say yes anyway. And anyone who can knit a sock in one day doesn't have enough to do!!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home