Thursday, October 19, 2006

I should really post more often...

Here is the scarf that I knit for the International Scarf Exchange. I sent it last Thursday and it went to Australia so it should be there in another week.


Here are all the goddamn ends I had to weave in. I know it was worth it. Plus the entrelac scarf I will be making for myself will have many more ends to weave in.

I have FINALLY finished the mauve horizontal herringbone scarf and just have to weave ends in. I think that I am also going to put a border of cream on it because the cast off edge is way too stretched even though I went down a needle size. Ugggh!!

I have chosen to frog my red rib and cable socks since I recieved red cabled goodness from my Sockapaloooza pal. It was actually quite chilly for the SAV last weekend and I wore socks. I am still churning along on my mottled brown socks. I have finished calf shaping I guess. I really have no idea how these will turn out. I'm making up the pattern as I go. Hopefully it won't be a mistake. I have also churned out more washcloths. Effortless, yet the most fantastic gift. A simple handknit so people will think that you really thought of them.

I am getting ready for basketball season. I have been inhaling projections and will be in Chapel Hill for the opening exhibiton game on Nov 1. I can't wait. The anticipation is really building here. I also hope that the Cardinals win and go to the World Series. One of their closers is a local and played in the local elite league. I think that Wainwright is the first and most famous of all the Chain boys that have been drafted.

I am also really focused on knitting home items. Like pillowcases and throws. I am wondering about the Knitpicks new yarn package for throws. I think that I would make Hill one in green or something. Maybe I should just make it in Peaches n Cream since its machine washable and I'm planning on making one for myself.

Well I have a ton of errands to run and have to head out to AASU to get readmitted for Spring...

3 Comments:

Blogger Ava said...

Love the entrelac square! My favorite colors.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Ava said...

I meant entrelac "scarf!"

9:02 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

That scarf is great. You are a really good knitter. I hope to have some down time soon to play knitting catch-up!

Nice work.
Jill

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home